Sunday, December 20, 2009

On NEPA traffic lights

I am so thankful I don't live in a place where traffic is really, really bad.
When my brother lived in SoCal, it used to take him two hours to drive a distance that equaled the mileage between Scranton to Wilkes-Barre - every day.

And we all know about my beloved city of New York, where, oddly, I'm a really, really good driver.

So we have it pretty lucky here in NEPA - but that doesn't mean I am still not reeling over the fact it took me 20 minutes to get out of the Wyoming Valley Mall parking lot this afternoon thanks to the lack of turning arrows and the ability for more than three cars to make it through the lights.

Photobucket

As I sat there and seethed, I cursed PennDOT for being so dumb.

... and then I cursed myself for being even more dumb for 1. not finishing my shopping earlier and 2. putting myself at the mall on the Sunday afternoon before Christmas in the first place.
Photobucket

No comments: