Friday, December 19, 2008

Ugh nog.

I finally had to break down and buy a half-gallon of egg nog last night.
I usually don't drink it because I'm not much for anything milk based, including milk, but I just could taste that creamy icky colored Christmas drink so much for the last few days that I had to put it in my cart at the store. A higher power than I deemed it so.

So, as I settled in to watch "The Family Stone" on free On Demand*, I mixed a splash** of bourbon and a few shakes of nutmeg with some nog in a rocks glass. Mmm.

Then I spent the rest of the night listening to my stomach make horrid gurgling sounds.
I vowed to dump the rest of the carton down the drain first thing this morning.

Instead, here I am feeding the craving again as I just slammed another glass - sans bourbon but with more nutmeg this time. It was delicious.
I daresay that it is better without alcohol added.
(Bet you'll never hear me say anything so sacrilegious to my liquor cabinet like that again!)

Now, do I have another glass, or just quit while I'm ahead and wait for the gurgling?
Decisions, decisions ...

*This movie is so highly NOT recommended by me. Awful, awful film. Thank God it was free.
**By "splash" I mean way too much bourbon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a nog blog. that's a first.

this barr. mind if I add a link to your blog on my blog? If so, return the favor?

www.barrholtus326.wordpress.com

much love,
barr