Tuesday, February 24, 2009

There I was.

How can something so bad make me feel so damn good??

Had "one of those" proverbial days today.
Decided that, despite the frigid chill that's kept me away all winter, I was going back.

As I drove in the gloaming, I knew what I was going to do was wrong.
I knew that I was not going to feel like going through the whole rigamarole of disrobing, rerobing and then going back out into the winter night.

But there I was, back at my trusty tanning salon.
There I was feeling the fake rays beating into my skin vitamin D, making me envision myself laying on a white sandy beach somewhere fabulous instead of standing upright in a tanning booth.

There I was, back at my trusty tanning salon.
blue tanning booth Pictures, Images and Photos
And it felt so good.

I felt those could-be-cancerous fake rays beating into my skin, and beating away the demon thoughts festering inside me all day.

There they went, those demon thoughts.

As I bundled my warm-for-the-first-time-in-days-it-seems body back into my wintry garb, I felt so light and free.

It was exactly what I needed.
Ahh, like a mini-break for my pale, ashy face - and my mind.

If only each visit came with a frothy drink ...

No comments: