Monday, May 4, 2009

A Philly photo blog. (Should that be plog?)

Photobucket
{Self photo on a rainy way to Philadelphia.}

Photobucket
{These feet would 1. Get horribly wet on Friday; and 2. Horribly filthy at the Dead show on Saturday. Both totally worth it.}

Photobucket
{The first of Friday's three Guinness'. (From Mace's Crossing Pub in Logan Circle/Square) Delightful! AND I didn't get all stuffed up. Apparantly, only allergic if I slam it. Good to know.}

Photobucket
{The whole reason for the weekend jaunt. Ad from City Paper.}

Following photos:
The sun came out long enough for me to snap some great shots of Logan Circle/Square:

Photobucket
Photobucket
{Below: I adore this photo!}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Above: Me tourist posing. Notice the hipster cuffed jeans. I think I've discovered a new look that I love.}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{Above: Definitely my favorite photo of the fountain.}
Photobucket
{Don't you just want to frolic with the frog? Maybe get a little dirty water frog flu?}
Photobucket
{Above: Loved this little brick utility-ish building. I'd live there quite happily me thinks.}
Photobucket
Curious pigeon
you didn't run away, just
stayed as you got bread.


Photobucket
{Above: Barbed wire on a pretty street. That's the Philly I expected.}

Photobucket
{Guac and salsa from Mission Grill on Arch Street. SO GOOD!}


Photobucket
{I was not offered a bite of this swordfish, but heard tell it was good.}

Photobucket
{Mission Grill's damn good Southwest turkey wrap.}

Photobucket
{Sign outside the First Unitarian Church where I saw Lewis & Clarke and an amazing Bat for Lashes - I didn't have an epiphany, but saw some weird shit while staring at the stained glass windows as both bands played. Spooky - and cool at the same time!}

Photobucket
{The parking garage door had to open for us and us alone. Felt pretty high-falutin, yes, yes we did.}

Photobucket
{Kaya, the sweetest dog ever. Knocks on door to be let back in!}

Photobucket
{Leaky cooler is not good for the tailgating business.}

Photobucket
{Somehow, this tree was fitting to be outside a Dead show, yes?}

Photobucket
{Camera skills are going doing the drain at this point ...}

Photobucket
{She would not stop Windexing the outside of her car!}

Photobucket
{I sure did wear an American Beauty in my hair to the show. It now resides on my dresser.}

The following are photos - albeit bad ones - from the Dead show. Thought they were kind of ethereal, thus making them worth posting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
{"If I had my way, if I had my way, if I had my way,
I would tear this old building down."}


Fin.

No comments: