Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Rock, flag and eagle."

Last year, I became addicted to "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
The first episode I ever saw was "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis."
I laughed so hard I snorted. At least a thousand times.
I. Was. Hooked.

"Wild Card" Charlie is my absolute favorite.
It's Always Sunny Pictures, Images and Photos

Though the gas episode is tied with several episodes for my Absolute Favorite, it is hard to beat "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass." Charlie becomes a denim-on-denim do-rag clad American and, when telling off his friends for not supporting his patriotism, he out of nowhere bellows this little ditty:

Charlie Kelly: [Charlie's America Song] I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, I'm gonna rule this world, Gonna kick some ass, Gonna rise up, Kick a little ass, ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

It is possibly the most brilliant comedic moment I've ever seen on TV.
I actually fell off my couch laughing as I watched it.

I can't get over what assholes the characters are - or how much I adore them.

Having said that, I've got a hot date with "The Gang Finds a Dumpster Baby."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Think I remember from the episode's DVD commentary that he was improvising those lyrics. The major themes were in his head but nothing written. When he ended singing "Rock, Flag, Eagle" so bluntly I died. Brilliant patriotic song parody and great comedy.