Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The pursuit of Happy Lists.

Last week, Naomi, the writer one of my favorite blogs (read it here: http://taza-and-husband.blogspot.com)had a down day.
{You know exactly what that means because we've all been there.}

She soon posted a "10 things that make me terribly happy list," then opened it up to readers of her blog.

Naturally I commented a list of my own, along with hundreds of other readers of "The Rockstar Diaries."

I've since gone on to make four more lists when I felt kinda down the last few days.

I've decided to keep a running document to ... document these happy triggers, to remind me that curve balls, too, are still hittable. I only have to swing.

{"Do or do not. There is no try," said the wise Jedi Yoda.}

It makes me feel good to think that, even on a day like today, Tuesday, May 5, when I had to go to the mall to surround myself with people to calm my raging heart, I was able to come up with 10 things to still be happy about.
10 things to be thankful for feeling.
10 simple things.

Here are today's 10 things that make me happy:

1. Using Wite-Out.
2. A phone call from my beloved brother.
3. When the family downstairs retires and the house is blessedly quiet at last.
4. Tanning.
5. Knowing that I will be always be OK. Even if it hurts a little now.
6. The smell of my skull-covered journal. (it smells like Tova Nights perfume!)
7. A Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza.
8. Knowing that I stuck to my diet/exercise goals today.
9. Writing my food column. Bonus: it makes me hungry every week.
10. Never letting the bastard(s) wear me down.

Here's yesterday's 10 things that make me happy:

1. Surprise visit from Mommalah.
2. Smelling dryer sheets from a vent while outside.
3. The Grateful Dead.
4. Writing haiku on rainy nights.
5. Wild Turkey American Honey.
6. Writing a blog of photos with quippy quips.
7. Knowing that I worked out hard-core twice today – and am doing it again tomorrow.
8. The smell of a new batch of checks.
9. That fresh feeling that can only come from washing my face before bed.
10. Shutting out the light to take a trip to slumbertown.


Thank you Naomi/Rockstar Diaries for the inspiration - and reminding me it's the little things that get you through.

I don't ever want to be someone who isn't moved by the little things.

No comments: