Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter. She can make happy any man alive."

Went the Frank Costanza route by creating my own "Serenity Now!" phrase.
Meant to:
- diffuse internal-self bombs.
- chant to myself to take me to my "happy place," if you will.

I tried the word "grasshopper" many moons ago, when I was mad addicted to "Kung Fu." But it didn't cut it, so I gave up.

Until now ...

I have decided upon "Sugar magnolia" as my "get happy" phrase.
If, yes, it does seem like I'm on a serious Grateful Dead kick, it's probably because I am.

After seeing the Jerry-less incarnation, The Dead, I really do feel changed.
{Almost like I'd love to do nothing with my life but follow the remains of the GD in this form, and any of its members' bands.}
Like a spark of self-awareness was lit.
Like now is the time to stop being my own worst enemy and start being me.

Something in me definitely opened, blossomed even - maybe it was all the second-hand pot I couldn't help but inhale but I digress. Since "Sugar Magnolia" is in my Top 5 All-Time Favorite Songs, what perfect phrase to capture my serenity? To take me to my happy place?

"Magnolia" Pictures, Images and Photos

"Sunshine, daydream,
walking in the tall trees,
going where the wind goes
Blooming like a red rose,
breathing more freely ..."

No comments: