Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Probably right, maybe wrong.

Had a most thought-provoking night thus far.
Whiling away the evening on my porch with "The Fountainhead," my skull-covered journal and my orange haiku/tanka notebook, I watched my neighbor and landlord working in their yards - and realized some things about myself.

And, when I came in and looked at the mail sitting on my desk - a cable bill and a booklet entitled "Bridal Bells" from a local jeweler - I realized some more things as I leafed through the blue book with shiny diamonds and sweet little sayings like:
"The icing to this perfect day"

and
"Sometimes love begins with a glance"


- I'll probably never be someone who relishes the feel of my hands digging in cold, fresh dirt, no matter how much I adore the scent of freshly-churned earth.
Dirt in hands for JB post Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never feel the cold metal of a one-carat emerald-cut bauble I won't settle for less for.
Emerald Cut Diamond CZ Ring Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never understand how people have a home they take care of themselves because they own it. (Clearly the words of a perpetual renter who can just call her landlord she affectionately calls "Mr. Roper.") (Plus, sometimes they feed me. Pizza. And sometimes ice cream cake.)
repair Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never be a really good singer. (This has already been proven true.)
Microphone Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never dance in my newly cleaned and spacious attic like I say I want to, despite taking ballerina lessons when I was 5ish, and clearly being a star Sugar Plum. (Nor will I ever be as graceful.)
ballerina Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never not paint my nails like a 5-year old.
Painted Nails Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably never get tired of savoring a nicely chilled glass of bourbon whilst in complete and utter solitude in the midst of the noises of my neighborhood.
Wild Turkey American Honey Pictures, Images and Photos

- I'll probably ... but maybe I'm wrong.

No comments: